Terms and Conditions
Bare Borders Travel is an American group tour organizer. We coordinate and plan tours for student groups. We are not tour guides. Local guides will be contracted to administer some or all of your tour.
We are Delta Vacations representative and Expedia Agents. We only accept USD. All online reservations shall be deemed as booked in the United States, and shall be subject to United States law and jurisdiction.
Payment of Deposit Constitutes Acceptance of Terms and Conditions: Payment of your deposit constitutes your agreement to all terms and conditions as outlined below. Deposits are non-refundable after 14 days. If travel forms and waivers are not submitted within 14 days, you will be issues a refund.
15% - 10-12 months prior to arrival date.
30% - 8-9 months prior to arrival date.
45% - 6-7 months prior to arrival date.
60% - 4-5 months prior to arrival date.
75%- 2-3 months prior to arrival date.
100% if less than six weeks prior to arrival date.
Tour price guarantee: For current tour prices, visit www.bareborders.com or call us at +34 643 10 82 73. A non-refundable deposit of 15% per person is required for Bare Borders Travel to reserve your space. Airfare is added to the overall package, but airfare rates are subject to change without notice due to the unpredictability of currency rates and lack of control over airfare pricing. Bare Borders Travel has no control over airline rates. Generally, you may receive a fair price on airline tickets if fares are locked in well in advance. A person under 18 years of age traveling alone during the tour period shall provide Bare Borders Travel with written consent from his/her guardian. A parent or guardian must accompany children under the age of 18 unless an adequate amount of chaperone is provided.
What’s included: Bare Borders Travel works to give you the most detailed and authentic experience. We utilize city passes (ex. Paris Pass), which includes admission to all destinations recognized under a pass whether seen with group, or not. Pass includes use of all public transportation for the duration of your trip. The trip also includes all breakfasts and 2 dinners, hotel accommodations each night of your trip, transportation provided to and from airport, and transportation when scheduled destination is outside walking or metro distance. (Does not include optional activities or independent travel exploration during the tour.)
Charges not included in vacation price: Airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities, fees, fares and port charges; passports; visas and vaccinations; transfers; tips to your Tour Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ships' crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, destinations, or restaurant); additional excursions and activities not listed as 'included' in the itinerary; porterage at airports or train stations; Travel Protection premiums; and all other items of a personal nature. You will be responsible for your own lunch meals and the 2 dinners that are not provided on the Bare Borders Travel vacation package, as described above.
Itineraries are subject to change: Tours and itineraries are subject to change, without notice if weather, traffic, events or circumstances beyond our control occurs.
You are allowed to explore independently and are not committed to the itinerary created by Bare Borders Travel. Changes in itinerary or independent exploration will not be cause for any refund. Upon commencement of your tour no changes will be allowed and no refunds will be made for early checkout or unused portions of services.
Bare Borders Tours is not a travel service supplier, airline, or hotel. Bare Borders Travel has not contracted with you to provide the services provided by such providers. Bare Borders Travel requires that you purchase trip protection insurance to cover such instances of default by a travel service provider. Default of a travel service supplier will not be grounds for refund from Bare Borders Travel.
Your responsibilities: When traveling outside of North America, a valid United States Passport is essential as proof of citizenship. Bare Borders Travel does not imply any guarantee of your ability to enter the country or destination. Most countries require specific passport valid six (6) months beyond the last date of travel. We will make every effort to provide you with information on VISAS and immunization requirements. It is your sole responsibility to ensure that all necessary documents are obtained prior to your departure from the United States. Bare Borders Travel cannot be held responsible for improper or incomplete documentation required to enter another country. Your passport should be in good condition. If in doubt, please check with your local passport office. For information about passports, visit http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english.html.
Tour payments: To reserve a seat on the Bare Borders Tours, you must agree to these Tour Conditions and provide us with a non-refundable deposit of 15% per person. We accept MasterCard, Visa and American Express for all tour payments. Note: we cannot accept credit card information via email. We also accept personal checks (US bank account only and money orders made payable to Bare Borders Travel in US dollars.) Your final tour payment is due in our office 60 days prior to the start of the tour, in one payment. Partial payments will not be accepted. Please mark your final payment due date on your calendar. The due date is listed on your initial confirmation letter and tour invoice. Missing the final payment deadline may result in your being removed from the tour. If you sign up for a tour less than 60 days before its departure, the entire tour price, including airfare, must be paid, and the deposit portion is non-refundable. Also, airfare rates may be higher if purchased closer to the departure date. (Tour deposit refunds are discussed below.)
Processing Fees: There will be a 3.9% fee added for each transaction paid with credit card.
Airfare: Airfare is handle by Expedia and Delta Vacations, group travel division. Bare Borders has no control over rates. Generally the sooner you purchase your tickets, the better your rate will be.
Price: Tour prices vary depending on package. Please visit www.bareborders.com or call at +34 643 10 82 73 for more details. Airfare is handle by an outside agency and prices may vary depending on destination and time of purchase. Bare Borders Travel has no control over airline fares and fares are subject to change at a moments notice.
Payment Schedule: You can pay all at once or make a payment plan. Payments can be broken up into monthly increments. After initial deposit, a percentage of the balance (which include taxes) is due on scheduled dates monthly and is to be paid in full two (60 days) months prior to departure. If deposit is made after scheduled deposit date for your tour, a payment schedule will be made for you to make sure you are paid in full 2 months (60 days) prior to departure. If you sign up for a tour less than 60 days before its departure, the entire tour price plus airfare must be paid, and the deposit portion is non-refundable if purchase within 60 days of departure. Airfare rates may be higher than if purchased closer to the departure date.
Deposit: 15% per person due by scheduled date for tour.
Payment Payments will be broken in monthly payments. Full balance is due 60 days prior to departure. If you join the group during any date past the deposit due date, your payment must coincide with the payment schedule. This includes deposit and initial payment sequence. You agree to your payment schedule once deposit is made.
If a payment to Bare Borders Travel is returned unpaid for any reason, we will assess a $60 returned item fee per occurrence. The fee(s) will be added to the applicable tour balance, and must be paid in full prior to your tour departure. (Note: There may be a 100% refund if 10 or more people have not confirmed 60 days prior to trip departure.)
Travel and Health insurance: All travelers traveling with Bare Borders Travel are encouraged to purchase travel insurance prior to the trip. Insurance fees can be included in price of tour packages. Travel insurance is provided by Travel Guard. If you refuse to purchase travel insurance you may forfeit any refund they pay be available to you.
Cancellations and refunds: Deposits for tours are refundable for two weeks (14 days) from the date they are received. Exceptions are: (1) deposits made less than 60 days before a tour departs are non-refundable; (2) payments made 150 days prior to departure are 100% refundable (minus deposit, unless it is within that 14 day window). After these dates, deposits are not refundable for any reason and will be forfeited if you cancel your tour reservation. If cancelled within 60 days of departure, no refund will be made. You may reschedule but you are responsible for all additional costs. Cancellations must be in writing: sent via email to email@example.com.
TERMS OF CANCELLATION
By the Client:
Deposit refundable within 14 days of receipt. Anytime after this, deposit is not refundable, only the installment payments at rates listed below are refundable. No refund will be made if canceled less than 60 days before departure.
120 days or more before trip: 75% refund.
90 days before trip: 50% refund.
60 days before departure: 25% refund, or the option to reschedule. (Airline rescheduling costs are the customer’s responsibility.)
Transferring to another tour: Up to 60 days prior to your tour’s departure, you can transfer to any other tour with seats available, applying your existing deposit. If you transfer to a different tour, you are responsible for the adjusted cost, if applicable.
Tour Cancellation/Interruption Protection: In the event there is a cancellation or rescheduling on our part, you have the option of a refund including deposit or the option to reschedule at your locked in tour rate. (Locked in rate does not include airfare). If trip is interrupted by our travel providers (airline and hotel), we have no control over this and will work with respective parties to reschedule or refund your payments. Bare Border Travel will not be responsible for changes or cancellations due to bad weather, natural disasters, war, civil unrest, governmental orders, suspension of transportation or accommodation services or necessary changes to prevent death or bodily harm.
Tours can be refunded upon the following qualifying unforeseen medical or family emergency events. This includes:
1. You, your travel partner or a family member dies or suffers an unforeseeable and disabling injury or illness requiring hospitalization or urgent medical care prior to joining or while on tour.
2. You, your travel partner or family member suffers a certifiable personal disaster (such as your home floods or burns down, or you are a victim of a serious crime) necessitating a change in travel plans.
3. You or your spouse is called into active military service or have leave revoked.
Tour rate can be refund, but deposits cannot. Deposits are used to secure your flight and hotel. They are not refundable by these service providers. This includes some nonrefundable tickets, reservations, or events and will need to be dealt with on a case by case bases.
Participation: We reserve the right to dismiss or expel any person(s) from the tour group whose behavior is unfit, unsafe, or endangering the other tour participants.
TRAVEL AGREEMENT: Bare Borders Travel requires you to sign and return the Terms and Conditions, which included the Bare Borders Release of Liability Form to us no later than 14 calendar days after booking. By signing, you are agreeing to all terms in this document. Failure to do so will be deemed a cancellation by you. You have 14 calendar days after booking to cancel and receive a full refund of your deposit (see Name Changes, Guest Cancellations, Refunds).
BARE BORDERS TRAVEL WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
By traveling with Bare Borders Travel, you are agreeing with the next six listed addendums as part of the terms and conditions.
1. As a participant in Bare Borders Travel/Voyage Artistry student travel opportunity, I hereby RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE Bare Borders Travel, Voyage Artistry, travel service providers, agents, servants, volunteers, or employees (hereinafter referred to as RELEASEES) from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions, and causes of action whatsoever arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me or my minor child, or any of the property belonging to me, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES, or otherwise, while participating in such activity, or while in, on or upon the premises where the activity is being conducted.
2. I am fully aware of the risks involved and hazards connected to this activity, including but not limited to travel risks. I hereby elect to voluntarily participate in said activity with full knowledge that said activity may be hazardous to me or my minor child and my property. I VOLUNTARILY ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RISKS OF LOSS, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR PERSONAL INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH, that may be sustained by me or my minor child, or any loss or damage to property owned by me or my minor child, as a result of being engaged in such an activity, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES or otherwise.
3. I further hereby AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS the RELEASEES from any loss, liability, damage or costs, including court costs and attorney fees, that they may incur due to me or my minor child’s participation in said activity, WHETHER CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES or otherwise.
4. I understand that Bare Borders Travel/Voyage Artistry does not maintain any medical or health insurance policies for travelers. As such, I am aware that I should review my personal insurance portfolio, especially accident/medical coverage for my minor child and myself.
5. It is my express intent that this Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement shall bind the members of my family and spouse, if I am alive, and my heirs, assigns and personal representative, if I am deceased, and shall be deemed as a RELEASE, WAIVER, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE Bare Borders Travel, Voyage Artistry, Candice M. Roberts, or Jay S. Roberts. I hereby further agree that this Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas.
6. IN SIGNING THIS RELEASE, I ACKNOWLEDGE AND REPRESENT THAT I have read the foregoing Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement, understand it and sign voluntarily as my own free act and deed; no oral representations, statements, or inducements, apart from the foregoing written agreement, have been made; I am at least (18) years of age and fully competent; and I execute this Release for full, adequate and complete consideration fully intending to be bound by same.
Solo Travel: All rates are calculated for double occupancy. If single occupancy is requested, your rate will increase.
Minors and behavior: Adulthood is measured at a different rate all around the world. We ask that parents talk with their children about their own expectations. Bare Borders Travel is not legally responsible for behavior that falls under student's moral and ethical obligations. We ask that all student participants use common sense and good judgment.
The legal drinking age France and Spain is 18. We ask that parents discuss these differences with your child.
GUESTS NEEDING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE: Certain itineraries may include activities that present challenges to or are not suitable for Guests with special needs. We strongly recommend that Guests requiring assistance be accompanied by a companion who is capable of, and totally responsible for, providing assistance. Neither we, nor our Suppliers may physically lift or assist Guests onto transportation vehicles or otherwise. Please contact us to discuss your specific needs.
You should be capable of fully and happily participating without any assistance in the following levels of activity:
1. Carry or roll your own luggage over uneven pavement upon arrival to the city center to the apartment building or hotel then haul it up as many as five flights of stairs to reach your apartment or hotel.
2. Be comfortable on your feet for up to four hours walking and standing, both inside museums and outdoors in all weather conditions such as hot sun and rain.
3. Sleep with no (or inadequate) air conditioning and street noise in some apartments.
4. After orientation to local transportation systems, be able to navigate towns and cities on your own.
Any pre-existing physical, mental, or emotional disability that may require attention or treatment must be reported prior to the beginning of a tour. Omitting important information, or altering these Terms and Release and Waiver Agreement, will render it and your Tour Cancellation/Interruption Protection invalid, and could result in expulsion from a tour at your own expense.
Accommodations: Accommodations differ between destinations. Cultural understanding and sensitivity should be exercised.
No smoking is allowed on the bus, in hotel rooms or during group meals. Smokers may smoke only outdoors and downwind from the group.
Children under age 18 must room with and be accompanied on the tour by a parent or guardian, who is responsible for participating in all tour activities in which the child partakes. (Unless tour is created specifically for this demography. An adequate amount of chaperones are required.
PHOTOGRAPHY: By participating in an Bare Borders Travel itinerary, you consent to having your name, face, likeness, voice and/or appearance captured in any photographs and videotapes (or portions thereof) in any format, including, but not limited to, print, digital or film media now existing or hereafter developed, and you further acknowledge and agree that such photographs and videotapes (or portions thereof) may be shared with other participants in the adventure. You also agree that any such photographs and videotapes taken outside of the United States may be transferred to the United States.
The information provided during the tour is for your own personal enjoyment and not for professional use. Recording guide lectures for professional purposes and soliciting business from tour members while on tour or afterward are strictly prohibited.
Bare Borders Travel is a Limited Liability Company in the State of Texas. A percentage of all net profits goes towards Voyage Artistry, a non-profit created to provided travel scholarships to students participating in our tours.